carmenbeaudry: (Default)
[personal profile] carmenbeaudry
Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and started emptying the storage closet in the sewing room. I have gotten very tired of not being able to find anything, especially since I know that I have a lot of fabric. The impetus was a new project: a pieced coverlet made of 3 inch squares of coating wool butted together and sewn with the decorative stitches from my sewing machine. Currently I'm putting them together into roughly 12 inch blocks and when I have enough I'll sew those together into a blanket. I couldn't find the scrap wool that I knew was there, so the closet was emptied yesterday. I've been sorting the various boxes as I go and have managed to consolidate a great deal. I think everything will be much easier to find now.

I have also found three boxes worth of projects that are cut and ready to go, including the 18th cen. foundation garments that I have on my list to cut. I'm glad I found them before I cut new ones. The plan is to finish at least one project from the box per week, and since some are just a matter of a hem or waistband, I can probably get more than that done. I have also found all of the silks, including the silk scrap box and the pieced silk coat project.

Today I want to finish with the closet and, if I have enough energy afterward, to attack the mending, which I also have found.
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
Account name:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
HTML doesn't work in the subject.


Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.


carmenbeaudry: (Default)

September 2017

34 56789

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2017 05:12 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios